With summer in full swing, it’s important to keep a few safety tips in mind when using a gas grill:
- Grill outside in an open area away from the house.
- Don’t store a propane tank in an enclosed area.
- Come straight home after having a tank filled, and remove it from the car immediately.
- Don’t use a tank that is dented, rusted, or otherwise damaged.
- Never buy or accept an exchanged tank if the brass valve has turned a blue or green color.
- Turn off the burners and close the cylinder valve after each use.
- Keep an ABC rated fire extinguisher, bucket of sand, or garden hose handy in case of fire.
- If a gas grill goes out or doesn’t light, turn it off, open the lid and wait at least 5 minutes before trying again.
- Never leave a lit grill unattended.